The Drilling Engineer will be accountable for engineering activity covering the planning, programme preparation and execution of drilling and workover operations within the wells team. As part of the drilling engineering team you will deliver engineering design, program preparation and operational support on new and existing wells. Working with multi-disciplinary teams, you will ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
With a strong commitment to HSSE, you will take responsibility for planning and executing a well designs and workover programmes for an oil or gas well. Ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed. Working closely with resource teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to ensure an efficient operation. Cost estimating and cost control for wells activities.
You will monitor all phases of the drilling operations, perform post-analyses for benchmarking and learning, dentification and implementation of appropriate new technologies. Travel will be required to the field locations, to monitor and participate in drilling operations, performing third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control. Recommendations to engineering studies to improve drilling operational performance.
– BS degree in engineering
– Knowledge of conducting assurance and review of drilling planning work.
Essential experience and job requirements
– Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role, demonstrated competence in well design, for both drilling and workover activities
– Personal commitment and proactive approach to HSSE.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
– Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
– Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams.
– Proven track record as a strong team player.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
– Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages ( DIMS, Wellplan, etc).
– IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.
– Knowledge of pore pressure and fracture gradient prediction.
– Experience of working with third party service providers.
– Participation in continuous improvement processes.
– Aptitude to innovate and be open to new ideas.
– Flexible approach to work.
Yes – Domestic (In country) only
Yes – up to 25%
Is this a part time position?