Junior Financial Analyst
Chevron Featured Employer
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Skills: Financial Analyst
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Junior Financial Analyst located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina.
Requisition ID# 122601
Successful candidates will join the BASSC (Business Support Service Center) Finance team. In addition to providing finance support, the more than 500 professionals that work at BASSC provide expert information technology, human resources and marketing services and solutions to Chevron partners around the globe.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Have the ability to understand and apply accounting policies and practices
• Analyze financial information, select and gather data, and recommend or determine a course of action
• Analyze and reconcile company account ledgers
• Assist in month-end closing activities
• Use sophisticated software and other technology, including JDE, SAP, Hyperion and the Microsoft® Office suite
• Commitment to achieve and maintain cohesive working relationships with internal partners and external customers
•Must have Finance or Accounting Degree or close to obtaining degree in the next 24 months
•At least 2 years of finance or accounting work experience
•Relevant finance or accounting work experience in accounts payables, accounts reconciliation, inventory, fixed assets, general ledger, intercompany, exchange accounting, credits and receivables, SOX regulations internal controls, Audit, Tax, Treasury
•Advanced English level. Candidates selected for an interview will be required to complete and English assessment test
•Must have the ability to understand and apply accounting policies and practices
•Able to listen carefully and use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions, and interpret policies
•Must enjoy working with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
•Display initiative and leadership, handling multiple job responsibilites, setting priorities, maintaining a high level of accomplishment and implementing improvements to processes
•Must have the highest level of integrity and demonstrate committment to uphold Chevron’s values and standards
What You’ll Do:
Chevron offers opportunities to support our operating companies around the world. The BASSC team provides support to all Chevron business segments – Upstream, Midstream and Downstream. As your career with Chevron progresses, you will have the opportunity to work in multiple groups. Your initial responsibilities will depend on which division you join, but may include:
• Capital budgeting and cost analysis
• Corporate or operating company-specific accounting and regulatory reporting
• Financial forecasting, analysis and reporting
• Finance/accounting counsel and consulting
• Internal controls/compliance
• Liaise with other finance divisions
• Tracking accountability/scorecard metrics
• Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and reporting
• Corporate and Excise Tax
Compensation & Benefits
BASSC pay and benefits are designed to be competitive and meet the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer:
• Competitive base pay
• Annual incentive award (bonus)
• Work from home and flexible schedule options
• Supplemental Life Insurance Plan
• Family Health Premium Plan
• Day Care Subsidy
• Educational Assistance Program
• English Lessons
• Employee Assistance Program
• Recognition & Award Program
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.